Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel

 
 


Keywords

2024-12-21 23:19:13| Engadget

After announcing this week that it furloughed 82 employees, EV startup Canoo emailed remaining workers to inform them they were being placed on a mandatory unpaid break and would be locked out of the companys systems at the end of the day Friday, TechCrunch reports. The email viewed by TechCrunch reportedly said the break would last at least through the end of the year. Canoo announced on Wednesday that it was idling its Oklahoma factories while it works to finalize securing the capital necessary to move forward with its operations. Canoo has faced financial difficulties, lawsuits and the departure of multiple executives over the last year. It previously announced it was furloughing 30 employees just this fall. Canoos announcement on Wednesday said that the company is now in advanced discussions with various capital sources. In a statement about the cuts, Canoo said, We regret having to furlough our employees, especially during the holidays, but we have no choice at this point. We are hopeful that we will be able to bring them back to work soon. This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/transportation/evs/canoo-put-employees-on-a-mandatory-unpaid-break-after-pausing-work-at-oklahoma-factories-this-week-221912555.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

Latest from this category

21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02How to know if an AirTag is tracking you
21.02Engadget review recap: Sony WF-1000XM6, ASUS Zenbook Duo and more
21.02An old-school Zelda-like, Skate Bums and other new indie games worth checking out
20.02Xbox head Phil Spencer is leaving Microsoft
20.02Tunic publisher claims TikTok ran 'racist, sexist' AI ads for one of its games without its knowledge
Marketing and Advertising »

All news

21.02JPMorgan concedes it closed Trumps accounts after Jan. 6 attack
21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02Global leaders and businesses pore over fallout of more US tariff swoons
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02Supreme Court ruling offers little relief for Republicans divided on President Donald Trumps tariffs
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
21.02President Trump says hes imposing a 15% global tariff, up from the 10% he announced after the Supreme Court decision
More »
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .