|
|||||
Google debuted the Pixel 10a phone today. Pre-orders are open now and the smartphone will be available starting March 5. Although it's the new 2026 addition to the A series lineup, the Pixel 10a invites many comparisons with last year's Pixel 9a. For starters, the price is identical at $499. Design-wise, not much as changed. The back of the phone can lay flat, which has become a hallmark of the Pixel A collection, rather than wobbling around on a bulky camera housing. The screen is still 6.3 inches with an Actua display. The phone's insides are also the same; the 10a comes with the same Tensor G4 chip and 8GB of RAM as its predecessor, and buyers have the option to upgrade to either 128GB or 256GB of storage. The phone has an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance and its display uses Corning Gorilla Glass 7i. One of the few areas where the 10a is getting a marked upgrade is on its battery. This version claims more than 30 hours of battery life, or up to 120 under the Extra Battery Saver mode. The 10a also brings the welcome addition of proper fast charging, where a compatible charger can get the device to 50 percent battery in about 30 minutes. This addresses one of the few complaints we had about the 9a. For the photo buffs, the Pixel 10a has a 48MP main camera and a 13MP ultrawide lens; again unchanged from the specs in the 9a. AI is also present in the new model's photography suite, with the addition of the Camera Coach resource for the first time on the A series lineup. Camera Coach uses Gemini AI models to read the scene and offer tips on getting the desired shot. The 10a also has the Auto Best Take feature for getting everyone's best side in a group shot and the Add Me tool that lets you insert yourself into a photo after the fact. This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/mobile/smartphones/googles-500-pixel-10a-smartphone-arrives-on-march-5-150000489.html?src=rss
Category:
Marketing and Advertising
Polestar is gearing up to launch three new models in the next two years, including a station wagon (estate or shooting brake) version of the Polestar 4 that harkens back to the company's Volvo roots. The Geely-owned Swedish company sold a record 61,000 EVs in 2025, but hopes that the new models will help it take an even bigger bite out of the market. "We want to get more volume out of a bigger cake," CEO Michael Lohscheller said. Polestar currently offers two models in the US, the Polestar 3 and Polestar 4, both SUVs. However, the new Polestar 4 will come in two variants, one a traditional SUV as before and the other a four-door wagon-type version that combines "the space of an estate and the versatility of an SUV," Loscheller said. "It's all the good things from the current car, but it's a bit more practical." This new model is due later this year and will be built in Busan, South Korea in order to avoid US tariffs on cars built in China. The automaker is also planning to release a new version of the Polestar 2 targeted at young buyers, though that one is unlikely to come to the US. It will be slightly longer for more passenger space and be produced in China like the current model 2. Polestar Finally, the Polestar 7 will be a compact SUV in the same family as Volvo's EX60, set to arrive in Europe to address the fast-growing compact SUV segment. "We are convinced that we can offer customers a progressive performance-driven car for a very attractive price point, built in Europe," Lohscheller said. The new models are designed to help Polestar hit its goal of 60 percent of EV sales worldwide by "targeting the big profit pools of the BEV segment," Lohscheller stated. Following Polestar's withdrawal from the hyper-competitive Chinese market, Europe accounts for 78 percent of its sales and the US most of the rest but the company hopes to boost its fortunes in the latter. "People forget that the U.S. is a big EV market, especially on the east and west coasts," the CEO added. "And it will stay a big market."This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/transportation/evs/polestar-unveils-a-station-wagon-version-of-the-4-144025505.html?src=rss
Category:
Marketing and Advertising
Cameo, the platform where celebrities sell short, personalized videos, has scored a preliminary win in a trademark lawsuit against OpenAI. A California judge has ruled that the AI company's video generation tool Sora cannot use the term 'cameo' or any variation likely to cause confusion. A temporary restraining order in the case was originally granted in November of last year. The suit was first brought in response to a feature available within the Sora app at launch called 'Cameo' that allowed users to add any likeness to videos they generated. Cameo claimed the use of the term in this setting was likely to cause confusion and could dilute their brand. OpenAI then carried on with the feature despite the suit. U.S. District Judge Eumi Lee ruled on Saturday that Cameo's lawsuit was likely to succeed and granted a preliminary injunction, blocking OpenAI from continuing to use the name. An OpenAI spokesperson responded to the ruling saying, "We disagree with the complaint's assertion that anyone can claim exclusive ownership over the word cameo, and we look forward to continuing to make our case," according to Reuters. This is just the latest in a string of intellectual property cases against AI companies that have accelerated as video generation capabilities have improved across the board. Rights holders of all kinds from authors and music publishers to major movie studios have taken the likes of OpenAI, Anthropic, Perplexity and others to court, seeking to protect their IP.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/ai/federal-court-rules-that-openai-must-stop-using-the-term-cameo-124559072.html?src=rss
Category:
Marketing and Advertising
All news |
||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||